Friday, August 29, 2008

Singapore Bay Run 2008

Date: 18 Aug 2008
Venue: City Hall Padang Field
Time: 7:30 am

Cloudy and Muddy.


Hubby joined the 10 km run starting time 7.30 am. He left home around 6.20 am after checking the IRIS timing for the bus. I joined him later around 9 am. Since there are some road blocks, bus 36 was stopping at the stop before the Adelphi. I was blocked by the facilitators of the organiser (the Singapore Armed Force) at the traffic light junction. They wanted me to turned back and walk about 30 min to the venue rather than about 5 min walk from where I was. I told them I was going to the Bay Run venue, and they insisted that road was closed from public, only people from the venue can pass. Shocked... I didn't intend to walk 30 min or more with my heavy tummy.

I noticed they let an elderly passed! He was in the Bay Run T-shirt but didn't run, only went there to collect goody bag! Arrgh! Hey, I noticed something! Acrossed the traffic light, the Adelphi Building... no one was there to block the pedestrian... heehee... so I crossed the traffic light and happily walked to the venue in less than 5 min.

Hubby already finished his run, sms me to meet him at the field. There were a lot of fence blocks... so I managed to squeeze through the crowds and runners and located hubby (with his goody bag daggling in the air).

We met our South East jogger, Malcolm whom just finished his 10 km run. Then we took some pictures. While we were leaving, met another SE jogger Chin.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home